Located in Muncie, IN, Project Stepping Stone provides temporary housing for families while they search and prepare for a stable home.
Listen – PSS residents share their stories, and PSS shares how your money helps support our residents.
Ways you can give to Project Stepping Stone:
1) Use the “donate” button in the menu to donate online using tithe.ly
2) Send a check to PSS directly at 900 W. White River Blvd. Muncie, IN 47303
3) Enclose a check made out to Project Stepping Stone with your normal giving to HTLC or LCC.
4) Add funds to your normal giving to HTLC or LCC with a note that the funds are for Project Stepping Stone. (Note: doing this means that these funds will show up on your giving record from your church; you will not receive a thank you letter from PSS.)
5) There’s more! Other ways to get involved with PSS!
Project Stepping Stone Canceling 2020 Dessert Auction
After much discussion and debate, Project Stepping Stone has decided to cancel this year’s Dessert Auction. This decision saddens all of us greatly, and we know that it is disappointing. But, PSS values our communities, and with no set date for the end of physical distancing, canceling was the best option to keep everyone safe. Ways of moving the auction to an online space were discussed, but nothing seemed right to replace the lively atmosphere of the auction, and again, canceling entirely became the only option.
The work of Project Stepping Stone, however, has not stopped. There are currently two families making themselves at home in PSS’ houses, and we have offered them automatic extensions in order to ease their stress during this time. Our third house is undergoing some much needed repairs, and once complete will be available to a family needing a rent-free, utility-free space for a while. These families are at the core of what we do, and we thank you for your support as we support them.
Looking to the future, we hope that 2021 finds us all with the ability to gather safely again – and the opportunity to eat all those yummy desserts. In the meantime, know we appreciate you, we’re praying for the world & our community, and we hope that you stay healthy.
WHAT IS PROJECT STEPPING STONE?
Project Stepping Stone began in September 1989 when the congregations of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church and Lutheran Church of the Cross recognized a need within the community for free temporary housing for families who find themselves in a sudden financial crisis. They started with one house and, within three years, expanded their ministry with the addition of two more houses. In 2011 First Presbyterian Church joined this mission outreach.